The British Heart Foundation Centre on Population Approaches for Non-Communicable Disease Prevention, a collaborating centre with the World Health Organization, is accepting applications for an exciting six-day event on NCDs delivered by internationally renowned experts in the field through keynote lectures, fora, group sessions and one-to-one tutorials.
Exploring critical strategic challenges facing those working towards the prevention of NCDs, this rich and intensive programme will be covering the following themes:
- Problem definition: burden of NCDs and risk factors
- Solution generation: NCD prevention strategies and their development
- Implementation and capacity building with individuals, communities and systems for NCD prevention
- Evaluation and case studies
- Policy development and implementation issues in Low and Middle Income Countries
The programme is designed for an international audience, and there is an option for academic credit. Residential and non-residental options are available.