The Lancet Commission on Essential Medicines Policies and the simultaneous, yet independent, Lancet Youth Commission on Essential Medicines Policies have both released their reports recommending ways forward in expanding access to essential medicines within the universal health coverage agenda.
Our Executive Director, Jordan Jarvis, served as a member of the Youth Commission, along with 16 other commissioners from every region of the world.
The Lancet Youth Commission on Essential Medicines Policies (YCEMP)
Missed the report launch webinar? View it here.
Upcoming webinars by YCEMP:
A series of webinars is hosted to engage the globe audience in the recommendations by the Lancet Youth Commission on Essential Medicines Policies.
Implementation Call: A New Vision for Essential Medicines Lists (Date TBA)
The Lancet Commission on Essential Medicines Policies
The full text of the report of The Lancet Commission on Essential Medicines can be accessed here: View the report.
If you missed the live stream of the launch event, you can still watch the webinar recorded by the London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine here: Watch the video.
Articles to note:
* Youth demand action on the shared global challenge of access to medicines. Youth Commission on Essential Medicines Policies
* Essential medicines for universal health coverage. Veronika J Wirtz, Hans V Hogerzeil, Andrew L Gray, Maryam Bigdeli, Cornelis P de Joncheere, Margaret A Ewen, and others
* Comment: Essential medicines for universal health coverage. Pamela Das, Richard Horton
* Better life through medicine-let's leave no one behind. Lilianne Ploumen, Edith Schippers
* Towards access 2030. Suzanne Hill, Marie Paule Kieny
* Scaling up for universal health coverage. Andrew Witty
* Veronika Wirtz: global leader in improving access to medicines. Richard Lane
Also, check out the following podcasts featuring Veronika Wirtz, Andy Gray, and Hans Hogerzeil.